TFN advert final

MAITS wins new funding!

MAITS was selected to pitch at a Dragon’s Den style event at the Funding Network (TFN) which took place on 6th Julyto win funding to set up our Rwanda Feeding Project. This is a life-saving project for babies with feeding problems specifically caused by disability and premature birth.

Thanks to the Funding Network and everyone who pledged to MAITS, we are very happy to announce that we won £6,971 for the Rwanda Feeding Project on the night! Without this funding, this project would not be possible.

About the project 

MAITS’ Rwanda infant and child feeding project aims to reduce infant mortality rates and improve the lives of premature babies and those with disabilities, by training healthcare staff to support mothers to breastfeed.  Learning these simple feeding and care-giving techniques can significantly improve the babies’ chance of survival and their quality of life, reducing the risk of malnutrition.

This project offers a simple solution by teaching simple feeding and positioning techniques, to qualified healthcare staff, who can then support parents.  This project has been piloted in Malawi and Uganda, where 60% of the babies were able to start feeding within minutes and the remaining 40% were able to establish breastfeeding, when they were previously unable to feed.  In Rwanda, there is a strong infrastructure of healthcare support and we will train local healthcare professionals and provide ongoing support to the trainees on these life saving feeding techniques.

The Funding Network (TFN) 

The Funding Network transforms lives through live crowd-funding events, which are like a friendly Dragons’ Den, giving people the chance to come together with a philanthropic purpose to support causes they care about.  These events create an opportunity to meet and collaborate with innovative and effective social change organisations with the crowdfunding acting as a catalyst for a healthier, fairer, and more sustainable society. 

The Funding Network has been running since 2002 and has raised over £10 million for over 1400 projects and MAITS is very proud to be one of these.

MAITS would like to thank the Funding Network and all those who donated to us on the night!